Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 2 update

Some great progress this week with all the big stones (minus one seat) in place.

The standing stones are much bigger than I had planned so I have altered the design slightly. I had planned to have stones on ether side of the standing stones jutting out, but due to the thickness of the standing stones I have decided against it as it will end up taking up alot of space. I think the bigger stones with out the smaller stones is actually going to enhance the design as it gives it a more ancient feel.  
Work on the relief carvings of the cogs and wheels will begin next week.  
I am waiting on one more large stone from the quarry to complete the time capsule seating area. Work is also well under way on the carving or the words to be incorporated in the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment